Tuesday, November 30, 2010
SAVE THIS DATE, or miss out~
Monday, November 22, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
A post revolution post!
The inaugural Swartland Revolution took place in the small town of Riebeek Kasteel over the weekend of 12 -13 November 2010. Just over 150 revolutionaries rocked up to celebrate and enjoy the unique wines, food and atmosphere of the Swartland and its people.
The wines were:
- 1. Saint Joseph Blanc 2008 (100% Marsanne)
- 2. Condrieu "La combe de Malleval" 2009 (100% Viognier)
- 3. L'Ame Sœur 2007 (100% Syrah)
- 4. Côte-Rôtie 2007 (100% Syrah)
- 5. Côte-Rôtie "Lancement" 2007 (100% Syrah)
- 6. Côte-Rôtie "Belle Hélène" 2007 (100% Syrah)
- 7. Côte-Rôtie 1999
- 8. Roussanne 2005
Adi Badenhorst then showed seven components of his Badenhorst white blend, focussing again on the soil and terrior where the vines grow.
- One Case of “OUWINGERDREEKS” by The Sadie Family Wines sold for R5000.
- One lucky couple bought an intimate dinner for two in the Mullineux wine vault (wines included) with a wine hamper to take home compliments of Mullineux Wines and Bar Bar Black Sheep for R4000.
- 5L of 2007 AA Badenhorst Red Wine was auctioned for R4500.
- 3L of 2009 AA Badenhorst White Wine sold for R3800.
- A 500l Saury barrel went for R10 000.
- And a 600l concrete egg, filled with Sadie and Badenhorst Chenin for R40 000.
Eager guests placed bookings for all 600l of the wine from the buyer. You can follow this world first initiative on Twitter @silwervis.
And then we spread the joy with the Real Men (and women) Ferment Wild open tasting. At R50 per person this element of the programme was more accessible, and with 22 local producers showcasing their natural wines it attracted a lot of attention. An estimated 600 people attended the lively tasting in the Short Street Square.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Feedback from the Revolution~
Just a quick email to say that the organisation of The Swartland Revolution was absolutely brilliant! Thank you to all the organisers for a truly amazing event. Where do we sign up for 2011? - Donna Christie Gibbon
Salt of the Earth,
Alex & Caryn Starey
Saturday, November 13, 2010
SAVE THIS DATE, or miss out~
When: 12 – 13 November 2010
Where: Riebeek Kasteel
Price: Weekend package is R1750 per person - ONLY 150 tickets!!
(view the entire programme of events here)
To only attend the Real Men Ferment Wild Tasting on Saturday afternoon is R50 pp.
Bookings: Mail email@example.com
or call the ladies at DNA Events: Ann (082 909 1116) or Darielle (084 207 3820) to avoid dissapointment - ONLY 150 TICKETS AVAILABLE>
The event will also host the launch of the Swartland Independent, a forum for all independent wineries in the area to work together.
The Swartland is producing some of South Africa’s most exciting wines, with its old bush vines expressing a lot of intensity of fruit. Winemakers such as Eben Sadie and Adi Badenhorst have made their names in this incredible region with unique terroir and wine making styles. – Under the influence, June 2010
So, tired of fashonista cuvees, head out to Malmesbury to embrace the zeitgeist of zef wine – Neil Pendock, May 2010
There is unqualified respect for the area’s terroir and the wines it produces. In its favour are ancient soils, old bush vines and interesting grapes – from Chenin Blanc, red and white Grenache to Clairette Blanche and Shiraz. - WOSA
Thursday, October 28, 2010
More reasons to get excited...
Friday, October 22, 2010
Excitement is in the air as the Ogier wines arrived in Riebeek today. We might have to wait another three weeks to meet the man and TASTE the wines, but it is surely an indication that the revolution is in motion and the time is drawing closer.
Eight of Stephane Ogier's wines will be tasted during his seminar on Friday 12 November.
1. Saint Joseph Blanc 2008 (100% Marsanne)
2. Condrieu "La combe de Malleval" 2009 (100% Viognier)
3. L'Ame Sœur 2007 (100% Syrah)
4. Côte-Rôtie 2007 (100% Syrah)
5. Côte-Rôtie "Lancement" 2007 (100% Syrah)
6. Côte-Rôtie "Belle Hélène" 2007 (100% Syrah)
7. Côte-Rôtie 1999
8. Roussanne 2005
Don't miss out, book some of the last remaining tickets here!